In 1931, the late Samuel Robinson Sr. opened the doors of the funeral home with his sister, Lorena Alston and her husband, William. At that time, the business was named The Alston-Robinson Funeral Home and operated under that name until 1945, when Samuel and Ida, bought the business and renamed it Robinson Funeral Home. The husband and wife team continued to operate the funeral home until his death in 1976.
Today it is owned and operated by his wife, Ida Mills Robinson and their sons, Larry Jack and Sam, Jr. Sam serves as the funeral director and business manager, while Jack is the licensed mortician.
Located at 215 East Main St. Littleton, North Carolina, Robinson Funeral Home was originally at the corner of Ferguson and East Main St (the parking lot beside Grandpa's Kitchen Restaurant). The funeral home has two viewing rooms and a 300-seat chapel.